This is the palette itself. It has very sleek packaging; the texture is very smooth and soft to the touch. It's made out of sturdy cardboard and has a magnetic closure. On the inside, there is a large mirror and all of your shadows. It also comes with Lorac's eye shadow primer.
This is what the inside of the palette looks like. The thing I like about this palette as opposed to other palettes is that there is a designated matte row and a designated shimmer row.
Close up, you can see what sort of colors are in the palette. The top row consists of
- White: a matte white with glitter, perfect for highlighting the brow bone
-Cream: a matte cream shade, perfect for all over the lid
-Taupe: a matte light brown shade, perfect transition shade or eyebrow color
-Lt. Pink: a matte, very light pink shade- very honestly is hard to distinguish from Cream
-Mauve: a matte purple-y brown, my favorite matte shade in the palette. Great transition shade.
-Sable: a matte, warm, medium toned brown. Good for outer corner, lower lash line, or brows.
- Espresso: a matte, neutral toned brown. Good for outer corner, lower lash line, or brows.
-Black: a matte black. Good for eyeliner, outer corner, and lower lash line.
From left to right: Black, Espresso, Sable, Mauve, Lt. Pink, Taupe, Cream, and White.
I do really enjoy the matte shades, they feel like butter when you touch them and they blend like a dream. A tip, however: I would use a synthetic brush, as it won't dig into the product and cause as much kick up. And yes, these shadows cause a lot of kick up, so be careful.
The second row consists of all shimmer colors.
-Nude: a shimmery light champagne color. Perfect for inner corner or as a brow bone highlight.
-Champagne: a glittery light champagne color. This color is the same as Nude, except there are chunks of glitter instead of a shimmer effect. Perfect for all over the lid or for the brow bone.
-Gold: a shimmery, bronze-y gold. This is the most beautiful, pigmented gold I have ever used. Perfect for all over the lid.
-Lt. Bronze: a shimmery light brown color, perfect for all over the lid.
-Pewter: a shimmery, cool toned version of Lt. Bronze. Perfect for all over the lid.
-Garnet: a shimmery, rich red color. Perfect for all over the lid.
-Deep Purple: a shimmery, dark purple color. Perfect for last third of lid or on the lower lash line.
-Slate: a shimmery, grey blue color. Perfect for all over the lid or the lower lash line.
From left to right: Slate, Deep Purple, Garnet, Pewter, Lt. Bronze, Gold, Champagne, and Nude.
All in all, I think these shadows are incredible. This was the first high end product I ever purchased, back in 2013. I've had plenty of time to mess around with these shadows, and I used solely these shadows for both my Winter Formal makeup and my Prom makeup.
These shadows are so blend-able and rich. However, they do cause a lot of kick up, and you are going to want to tap off your brush before you touch your eye. I don't remember having a problem with fall out, save for when I used Champagne, but you are going to have some if you do not tap your brush off.
This palette retails for $42. I got mine off of Amazon, however you can purchase it from the Lorac website or through Ulta.
Pros:
-Shadows have great pigmentation. I would even consider these shadows pressed pigments.
-Shadows blend very well.
-There is a versatile color range.
-The price is good compared to other high end palettes, such as the Naked palettes.
Cons:
-Shadows cause a lot of kick up.
-If you aren't careful, there could be a lot of fall out.
No comments:
Post a Comment